Wednesday, December 13, 2006

We have the technology... and the paintbrushes

Just recently I had a go at something I've been wanting to try - that is, to "paint" one of my images. I think the result here is interesting, and likely from now on I'll be on the lookout not only for things that look cool photographed, but things that would result in an interesting painting as well. The image posted here was just a quick trial to teach myself the basics of the process, and as they say, practice makes perfect, so I'll keep at it.

Eventually I may open a new "digital artistry" gallery on my site with images painted in this manner. Please, let me know what you think about the image or about opening a new gallery for more of the same style... would be much appreciated to hear what you think about all of this. Personally I'm reminded of some of Didier Lourenco's work for some reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please dont make your background Black. Not everyone has the best monitor and it makes the photos look crummy and the text is hard to read. just a suggestion.

Paul Charette said...

I quite like the black myself, and white on black is a web staple because of the ease of viewing...

Thanks for your comment though - to check out an image without the black background, just click on it and it will open up alone.